Tales from the Loop
Tales from the Loop runs on 6 main principles that are meant to help the Gamemaster and players create the intended feeling and plot of the Mystery
- Your Hometown is Full of Strange and Fantastic Things
- Everyday Life is Dull and Unforgiving
- Adults are Out of Reach and Out of Touch
- The Land of the Loop is Dangerous but The Kids Will Not Die
- The Game is Played Scene by Scene
- The World is Described Collaboratively
The Kids are characters created by the players. The game offers many options for the player to choose from, but the main categorization for a Kid is based on their Type, similar to how Classes work .
- Computer Geek
- Popular Kid
Things from the Flood is a stand-alone game that can be used with new characters as well as characters brought over from earlier Tales from the Loop play. The mechanics remain much the same, except for two major differences: the player characters are slightly older, and death is a possible outcome.